Plug.kak

As things stands, it seems the best approach to gain selective functionality, for people who don’t want to enable the full kakoune.cr, would be:

1. add plug ... to kakrc to install kakoune.cr
  2. plug-install
  3. s/plug/nop -- plug/ for kakoune.cr, which disables loading
  4. add selective source %{config}/plugins/kakoune.cr/... statements to kakrc
  5. you can still plug-update / plug-list + U a plugin, even if not loaded
1 Like

Hi! Looks like the repository disappeared recently. Did it got moved somewhere else?

If I understand correctly, @alexherbo2 deleted plug.kak completely. Other plugins are under kakoune.cr repo

Thank you for the answer

@andreyorst but your plug.kak (GitHub - andreyorst/plug.kak: Plugin manager for Kakoune) has been the go-to one for a while now… or so I thought?

Well, my plug.kak was created before Alex’s plug.kak, and AFAIK has been the only plugin manager for Kakoune for some time (not sure if there are alternatives rn)

If anyone is still interested, I’m working on an extremely minimalist package manager here:

However, when I say it’s minimalist in its current state, I mean it. It can update and install plugins, but that’s about it. Any feedback would be much appreciated.

3 Likes

this is great news! I’d like to add a link to it into a plug.kak readme to the new alternative plugin managers section if you don’t mind

1 Like

Good to have a new manager. One thing I would suggest is force-updating, because people sometimes git push --force changes, and then pull fails. Or maybe there are local changes that would be overwritten (and then again pull fails). In this case,

git reset --hard $(git rev-parse @{u})

resets everything to the upstream version (destructively). Maybe put this in a command like force-update. Maybe prompt beforehand.

Absolutely. Go for it.

Thanks for the feedback. Your suggestion has been implemented. Let me know if you have any issues with it.

OK. There are other problems. Most importantly, bundle seems to install under user’s autoload (which, should be noted, means it can’t actually manage what gets loaded and what not); but it also adds a %val{runtime}/autoload symlink to its dir. I’ve added a new issue. This topic (probably) needs a new thread…

@almr, I’ve messaged you regarding the issue you brought up. I agree about not polluting this thread any further with non-plug.kak related discussion.