A fuzzy finder specially crafted for Kakoune

Hi, folks!

I just want to share with you the plugin I’ve been working on: a fuzzy finder called peneira. It has no external dependencies other than luar (and lua, by extension). No tmux, no fzf, nothing.

peneira-files

It has a very simple API. Here is how you can implement a simple buffers filter:

peneira 'buffers: ' %{ printf '%s\n' $kak_quoted_buflist } %{
    buffer %arg{1}
}

It is fast and should perform well on most cases. However, since everything happens synchronously, you may experience some performance issues on large candidates list (or slow computers). Fortunately, luar has recently gained support for customizing its lua interpreter. So, if you experience some lag, try configuring luar to use luajit:

set-option global luar_interpreter luajit

That’s it. I hope you enjoy it!

14 Likes

Think you might be violating MIT licence by including fzy without a copy of the MIT licence?

Thanks gustavo, used the peneira-lines filter today a loved it. The lua binary is only 350k how awesome no big overhead at all. Thanks again and bye :wave:

2 Likes

Hi, @Elith !

You are probably right. The think is that I don’t know exactly what to do in this case that the whole project is LGPL but a single file was originally published as MIT. Do I have to paste the license at the preamble of the fzy.lua file? I don’t know and, because of that, I postponed this problem until I discover what I must do.

If you know the answer, I’m happy to learn it :slightly_smiling_face:.

Thanks for pointing it anyway.

Hi, @duncan ! I’m glad you liked it! =D