Cursor / shortcuts / tags / mode / .kak

Hello,
Just to introduce myself, I used vim for around 2/3 years and emacs to spacemacs for 1 year.
And I just discovered Kakoune for one month. Step by step I became seduced by this new modal way and only edition focused.
Thanks to his designer and every participating contributors.

Just some ideas. I don’t know if it is already done or asked or even more useful :
. Is it possible to have the cursor with a line instead of a block (as the possible choice of the terminal) ?
. Can we see the available shorcuts from the command list ( : ), to see the available command with their existing shortcuts when existing ?
. Is it possible to use ‘rtags’ or ‘cquery’ with Kakoune ?
. Is it already expected to have a kakoune mode in the future for vim/emacs/vsCode ?
. What is the language of .kak ?

Regards

Hello,

Thanks for your feedback,

Is it possible to have the cursor with a line instead of a block (as the possible choice of the terminal) ?

Not at the moment, and I am not sure such a feature would be a good idea in Kakoune because it would hide the fact that in Kakoune the cursor is always “onto” a character, not “in between” two characters.

Can we see the available shorcuts from the command list ( : ), to see the available command with their existing shortcuts when existing ?

We used to do that, but it was deemed to clutter the completions too much, note that the aliases for commands are displayed in the info box shown when a command is selected, so you can see what alias you can use for next time when you use a command.

Is it possible to use ‘rtags’ or ‘cquery’ with Kakoune ?

cquery is definitely useable with Kakoune thanks to kak-lsp, thats the combination I use at work.

Is it already expected to have a kakoune mode in the future for vim/emacs/vsCode ?

I dont know of any such plans.

What is the language of .kak ?

This is the kakoune command language, what you write in the prompt. Its a language whose goal is to stay simple and provide the minimum set of tools needed to integrate Kakoune with other software. Most logic is expected to appear either in an external, non-kakoune specific software (like a code completion server), or in a %sh{…} block (which executes its content in the shell and evaluate to that execution output). See :doc command-parsing

Cheers,

Maxime.