Hello & a Gradle integration plugin for Kakoune

Since discovering and switching to Kakoune from NeoVim about 2 months ago, I have noticed that Kakoune’s extension model is so much simpler than Vim’s. The complexity of VimL put me off attempting to implement any sort of plugins in Vim, but since Kakoune has a simpler extension model, I decided to give it a shot.

This is one of my first attempts at creating a Kakoune plugin - a plugin that integrates the Gradle build system into Kakoune, so gradle tasks can be run without having to leave Kakoune. It’s essentially a glorified wrapper for gradle that runs gradle tasks using the :terminal command, apart from the gradle-tasks command that shows the available Gradle tasks in a Kakoune buffer, so the user can press Enter/Return to execute the desired task.

Again, this is one of my first attempts to create a Kakoune plugin, so there’s likely room for improvement. Any feedback would be much appreciated! :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Oh, I have a very complex gradle app I constantly work with in AndroidStudio – will be great to get that out into Kakoune. I will be testing this ASAP.