Terminal Life - Lust for Life

2 Likes

2 posts were split to a new topic: BFG: git repo-cleaner (like git-filter)

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Piknik: Copy/paste anything over the network!

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Cht.sh: online alternative for tldr (tealdeer)

A post was split to a new topic: Syncthing: a continuous file synchronization program

A post was merged into an existing topic: BFG: git repo-cleaner (like git-filter)

A post was split to a new topic: Wezterm 18 looks like a nice alternative for Alacritty+Tmux

4 posts were split to a new topic: Multiplexing: a terminal multiplexer

A post was split to a new topic: Align: align things!

A post was merged into an existing topic: Align: align things!

I have been watching the progress on nushell for a while. Bash/posix are just so obtuse, and this is like taking the amazing Xsv: high performance csv toolkit but making it interactive and apply to everything. A lot is still changing from release to release though so I haven’t made the jump yet.

Moderators Note: I didn’t move over Nushell because the link is dead.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Tmux: terminal multiplexer

A few more interesting utils:

1 Like

4 posts were split to a new topic: Brnt: vidir – but written in rust

A post was merged into an existing topic: Brnt: vidir – but written in rust

2 posts were split to a new topic: Ripgrep-all: ripgrep for many additional filetypes

I am going to start carving up this thread into individual Terminal Tools (using Discourse, I think I can keep everything under the original authors). Wish me luck. :slight_smile:

Moderators Note: should be done – all moved to separate posts still under original owners.

3 Likes

Now the forum looks like it’s made by some kind of bot spamming out terminal tools rather than being about kakoune. Not sure this was a great idea.

We are already having focused discussions around it – and the spam is one time rather than multiple. I think you will see its value over time.