Welcome to the Discuss Kakoune server!
- Be the hub of the Kakoune user community.
- Be usable in all the ways users want, as a mailing list (turn on mailing list mode under settings), as a web application, via rss and on mobile.
- Be as low friction as possible, allow locally created accounts, but also all the major login providers. Thus far Github, Facebook, Twitter and Google – if you need more let me know.
- Be a place for long-form discussion, time-shifted discussions on everything that doesn’t fit well in a github issue.
- Be friendly and welcoming.
- Be maintained long-term.
- Welcome reasonable amounts of off topic and community building discussions.
- Grow a healthy and organic FAQ over time with actual community questions and answers.
- Link to existing resources rather than recreating them, such as deep linking to the github wiki.
- Help users transition from users to developers.
- Reduce dependency on the IRC Channel due to it being real-time and lacking a historical record.
- Become the homepage of Kakoune. That is kakoune.org.
- Become the hub of the Kakoune developer community. The hub of the developer community should remain the wonderful Github project and specifically the great issues.
- Become a dumping ground for “recent news” type of place, the kakoune reddit can be that – we really hope to foster conversations about kakoune.