Would magnetic analog keyboard keys offer Kakoune nice usage perspective?

Hi

A recent article presents a keyboard prototype with magnetic analog keys: https://www.theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2019/8/1/20747554/keystone-keyboard-input-club-kickstarter-beam-spring-hall-effect-silo-switches

The main idea is that our current keys are usually on/off switches meanwhile, this prototype promises to give keys an intensity, like while pressing the gas pedal on a car.

They example they give is you press slighly on the b key to produces a lowercase b but if you press strongly, it produces a uppercase B

I find this perspective quite interesting in theory (we’ll see how this project turns out in reality).
This could be very useful for Kakoune in several aspects!

For instance, many keys are combined with the shift modifier to express the concept of extension instead of a selection. It would make a lot of sense to press a little on w to select to next word start and then press stronger to extend to next word start. It would have the nice benefit to free the <s-w> key for something else. Also it would make the <a-s-w> keys involving 2 modifiers way less cumbersome to type.

Another possibility is to have a small press on w works a usual but a medium press be interpreted as user mode w and a hard press be interpreted as yes another user mode w.

It depends on how well the detection is done, to avoid too much intensity-mistyping.

I have a very bad experience to press my keyboard strongly.

A while ago, I had the bad habit to press the keys too hard and developed a pain in my fingers. In the meantime to change this habit and the pain ceases, I had to use a pen to press my keyboard.

I remember bad times of analog buttons on ps2 controller which had pressure sensitive buttons all over the place